Asiana Airlines SWOT Analysis
• It has a low cost operation.
• It works effectively and posses excellent management team which is very good in strategy formulation and execution.
• It encourages work force and give effective results due to its multiskilled staff means.
• It has highly comfortable seats plus cabins.
• Its single type fleet reduces its maintenance fee.
• It offers a five star service and twinkles because of its 95% on time performance.
• One of its aims is to promote Malaysian hospitality and local fovels.
• It has a well established distribution channel and is versatile in its products and services.
• It posses variety of promotional activities utilizing IT which includes email alerts and desktop widgets (Adams, 2003) .
• Air Asia is a well established brand name in Asia pacific. Its management is media friendly and shares latest information on its airline and airline industry.
• It is one of the renowned members of Star Alliance and offers approximately 516 departures throughout Europe, Asia and North America.
• Asiana air lines has been awarded with the Sky-trax 2010 World Airline award in addition to airline of the year award by Air Transport World (ATW) in 2009, and was honored best in class certification by the international organization for standardization (ISO) in 1996.
• It has a limited service resource due to lower costs.
• It is unable to handle irregular situations due to limited human resources.
• Government often interferes.
• More and more seats are being financed and load factors are still under pressure.
• Deals and passengers compensation.
• It highly depends on outsoaring.
• Air Asia lacks its own maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) facility, which serves as its competitive disadvantage.
• It often receives complaints from its customers regarding flight delays, charges for different things and refunding problems.