SWOT Analysis on CH2M Hill
CH2M HILL is an American-based global full-service provider of consulting, design, construction, and operations services for corporations, and federal, state, and local governments. The firm is headquartered in Meridian, an unincorporated area of Douglas County, Colorado in the Denver-Aurora Metropolitan Area. The postal designation of nearby Englewood is commonly listed as the company’s location in corporate filings and local news accounts. As of December 2011 CH2M HILL had approximately 30,000 employees due to the November 2011 acquisition of Hal crow Group, Ltd., and 2011 revenues totaled $5.56 billion. The firm is employee-owned, with an internal stock market that operates buy/sell events quarterly. CH2M HILL was founded in 1946 in Corvallis, Oregon by Oregon State University civil engineering professor Fred Merry field and three of his students: Holly Cornell, Jim Howland and T. Burke Hayes (Rowson, 2009).
• CH2M HILL proffer full-service capabilities in manifold business components, among three key operating divisions, Water, Energy & Facilities; Government, Environment & Infrastructure; and International. Business groups served include: Water; Transportation; Operations and Maintenance; Government Facilities and Infrastructure; Nuclear; Environmental; Energy and Chemicals; Power; and Industrial and Advanced Technology.
• CH2M HILL developed, upholds and brings out its own process for organization projects for clients, called the CH2M HILL Project Delivery System, which may be found at well-liked internet book vendor.
• As a firm concentrating in project management, CH2M HILL has been connected in several large, multifaceted projects around the world.
• Being the part of a buyer company they have now less number of consumers, as some new companies have entered in the market.
• Due to the crisis in the economics, the company has loss too much. The saddle has increased on them.
• The business recognizes it possible down in the wide run to buy more products very soon to hand out the rush when a promotion initial becomes available, for the reason that the products will not be rented with almost as a great deal rate quickly after the charge.
• Washington Closure Hanford also has announced plans to cut 210 positions throughout the fiscal year that began Oct. 1 as work starts to ramp down as it works toward completion of most cleanups along the Columbia River in 2015.
• They have started a new way to displaying their products directly to computers for the clients because after that their clients will be able to purchase their stuff by doing online shopping.
• Being a part of the consumer industry and dealing with the consumption of fast moving consumer goods, CH2M Hill is highly affected by market trends worldwide.
• With diverse logistic solutions presented less than under one roof, many challengers can offer similar business way out to smaller seller and develop their business from there.
• CH2M Hill. (2010). Official Webiste: http://www.ch2m.com/corporate/about_us/default.asp Retrieved: 29th Oct, 2012
• Yahoo Finance/CH2M Hill. (2009). Webiste: http://finance.yahoo.com/news/ch2m-hill-appoints-dennis-ferrera-162255523.html Retrieved: 29th Oct, 2012
• Rowson, Jessica (2009). Singapore sewerage: No space to waste | Features | New Civil Engineer.