SWOT Analysis of H.J. Heinz
The H J Heinz company was founded in 1869 which was based on the industry of food processing. The company is most popular because of it is working on 57 varieties of the slogans. Henry Jones Heinz was the founder of H J Heinz Company and the company is headquartered in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, U.S. the company is normally engaged in the production of ketchup, soups, frozen foods, beans and pasta and condiment etc. the company is providing its goods and services all over the world.
H.J. Heinz SWOT Analysis
• In the industry of food processing the company built up its strong name of the brand which is recognized all over the world.
• The very differentiated and innovative culture is established by the customers that grasp and attain the attention of the customers.
• The company is running the very stable and balance business which is due to the strong financial position and somehow in order to balance the finances the company increases its debts by increasing the money.
• The H J Heinz company enhances and diversified the streams of cash flows and revenues that improve the position of the company in the market.
• The company is producing advanced and innovative products and also different packaging is experienced which tested positively.
• The company is manufacturing the new plants in the U.S which is totally depends upon the economic environment.
• The technology that is used by the company is of the low or cheaper quality which directly imposes affect on the factors of production.
• The shares of the company in the market are decreased due to the dependence upon the economic situations.
• The company can enhance the development of the product and provides with the segmentation in the products to differentiate the products in order to grasp the market.
• Emerge and acquire different small businesses and firms to improve the area of the company so to have validity in maximum locations.
• The company works on attaining the private label of the firm which automatically improves the sale of the company.
H.J. Heinz Threats
• The prices of the fuel are increased a lot which is the threat for the company because its make huge difference in the cost and income.
• The company is facing the issue of the prices of the goods and products that are most probably decreased by the competitors that are not suitable for the company.
• The private labels that are already taken by the other companies took the advantages in selling their products and services.
• The government intervention and economic disasters affect the sales and leads the market in the declining position.
• The roles and regulations provided by the company are reasons for the threat of the company because these are not as appropriate as according to the standards maintained for the business structure.
• Henry Heinz and Brand Creation in the Late Nineteenth Century: Making Markets for Processed Food by Nancy F. Koehn. The Business History Review, Vol. 73 (autumn, 1999), pp. 349–393.
• www.heinz.com, retrieved on 18 May 2012.