Darden SWOT Analysis
The Darden, enlisted in NYSE as DRI, is a well-established restaurant brand which has quite an influence in North America. It is one of the leading restaurant chains operating in the world.
• Darden Restaurants have strong brand recognition for being a fulltime service restaurant chain.
• They have a diverse portfolio of restaurants (Long Horn Steakhouse, Olive Garden, Red Lobster, Bahama Breeze etc.)
• Ranked in Fortune 500 among as one of America’s largest corporations.
• A large variety of loyal household customers.
• It has approximately 1,800 restaurants operating in North America.
• It employs more than 180,000 people.
• It has joined healthy dining program and offers ‘Dietitian Approved’ Food in its Menu.
• The firm does not hold any franchises for operations, which ultimately prunes flexibility.
• It does not have any international global operating restaurants.
• Restaurants are mostly established in N. America.
• Tourism markets are open to be exploited by it due to its delicate dishes and their taste factor.
• Most of the local and domestic restaurant chains are getting out of the market.
• The restaurant in the past has acquisition factor that it can also bring to use in the future by acquiring new restaurants that are weak in the market. (Longhorn Steakhouse, The Capital Grille)
• Consumers are getting health conscious, which is making them eat at their homes.
• Competition is quite intense along with the market which is mature.
• Labour Costs are rising, and because most of the restaurants operate in North America.