Ritz Carlton SWOT Analysis
Ritz Carlton is one of the well renowned name in the industry of hotel chains. Although Ritz Carlton is considered best due but still it is important to analyze the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats by performing SWOT Analysis.
• Ritz Carlton is one of the luxury hotel chains in the world.
• It has 71 owned locations and operating in 23 countries.
• It also has major service training operations in its Ritz-Carlton Learning Institute and Ritz-Carlton Leadership Center, where nearly 50,000 executives from different companies worldwide have been trained in the Ritz-Carlton principles of service.
• It has 32,000 well trained employees base.
• Providing Quality service to customers
• In-depth shared database of customers for record keeping and other important touch points.
• Subsidiary of well known Marriot International group.
• Highest hotel in the world
• It is the only company to win two Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Awards (1992 and 1999).
• In an independent survey, 99% of customer said that they are satisfied with the hotel service and 80% are extremely satisfied.
• An employee can spend $2000 to resolve the complaint of customer.
• High employees’ turnover rate.
• Suicide bombing back 17 July 2009 raise security concern in customer s mind.
• Asian market has potential.
• Improve and promote the security arrangements of hotel.
• Social responsibility
• Sponsor events
• Rates of hotel are high.
• Facing tough competition from major competitors Four Seasons Hotels Inc, The Hong Kong and Shanghai Hotels, Limited and Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc.
• Recession may impact the revenues and profit.
• New entrants with new innovative ideas are attracting people.
• Security threats due to terrorism.