SWOT Analysis of Oshkosh Corporation
In 1917, the company was founded that was based on the industry of manufacturing truck and other vehicles which is known as Oshkosh Corporation and is officially known as Oshkosh Trucks. The company is headquartered in Oshkosh, Wisconsin, U.S and is operated by the CEO of the company Charlie Szews. The products that are manufactured and produced by the company are normally trucks, their body parts and many other types of equipment.
• The Oshkosh Corporation is expanded all over the world with their strong brand name.
• The management team working at the corporation is well organized and playing their parts that leads the company to success.
• The number of assets acquire by the company are very helpful in order to increase the growth and expansions in the market.
• The most significant strength for the company is the supply of its products to the distributors and the customers.
• The expansion of the size enhances and become advantageous for the company to attain influence from the customers.
• The company is increasing its earning as by the following the economies of scale.
• The contracts stated by the government are the weakness for the company as they are not fulfilling the actual cost of the equipments.
• The structure maintained by the company related to the cost somehow affects the Oshkosh Company’s production for the period of downturns.
• The weakness of the company is also that somehow due to the interventions and implementation of the government the company becomes unstable in the market.
• The market share of the company steadily declined in the market as compared to its competitors due to the attainments of the high debts.
• The new and advanced technologies and techniques approached by the company can increase the growth of the company that increases the ratio of profitability.
• Disobeying in order to follow the government as well as economic regulations and rules can benefits the company to grow it productivity.
• For the requirement of the future growth the company should try to merge and acquire more firms and businesses.
• The new sort of products and market can boost the company in order to grow with higher intensity.
• Because of the slowdown in the economy and in the military spending, the company will affected badly.
• The sales and growth of the trucks can be affected by the fluctuation in the prices of the fuel.
• The bad economy and sudden economical crisis limits the growth and productivity of the company and affects terribly.
• The tough and intense competition faced by the Oshkosh corporation can also hurts the growth of the manufactured products.
• Political implementation and regulation and rules of the government decrease the demand for its product and become the reason for the instability in the market.
• (2011), Oshkosh Corporation – Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review.
• www.oshkosh.com, Retrieved on May 24, 2012.