USA Today SWOT Analysis
This is the SWOT analysis for USA Today which covers the internal strengths, weakness and external threats and opportunities.
• One of the leading newspapers to be known since 192.
• The most widely read newspaper in the United States.
• Strong target market, the newspaper has captured its presence not only within the United States but also in Canada and United Kingdom.
• Achieved rapid success due to its innovative format.
• No other media has ever considered writing a national newspaper to be written shorter in pieces compared to a traditional newspaper.
• Appealing design of the whole newspaper filled with colorful photos, graphs and charts.
• Strong market presence.
• From 350,000 readers in 1982 reaching to 2 million today, the readers now consider the US Today as the most reliable newspaper of all times.
• Its online website is known to be one of the top internet sites for news and information.
• Over the years the newspaper learnt to target the achievement oriented Middle Americans in professional and managerial positions who frequently travel and take more pleasure in reading.
• Became innovative with more serious newspaper that promotes journalism.
• Strong brand extension.
• The newspaper has been unable to get online subscribers compared to The Wall Street Journal.
• The newspaper has a scattered layout material.
• The USA Today’s television channel failed to receive higher ratings and received negative reviews from the critics.
• Less advertising.
• Customers are unable to receive the updated information on real time unless they have an access of RS – enabled mobile device.
• Many people perceive the USA Today as promoting cheap journalism although the newspaper has worked hard to improve the quality of its content.
• The economic crisis has a direct effect on the travel industry which also reduced the sale of the newspaper in the hotels where they provide door to door deliveries.
• The USA Today capitalized its marketing opportunities by listening to the needs of its customers. They can further provide more personal level information in a clear, upbeat and positive way.
• Constant innovation in providing more valuable news to the diversified readers.
• The newspaper can further redesign to make the paper easier to read and simple in design.
• Although the newspaper has a strong distribution channel as being published in almost 90 countries, the newspaper can further go for market extension strategy against its strong competitors.
• The newspaper can adapt to a proper full event calendar listings, where the publications can list all the events for free while the event promoters can pay for highlighting texts or icons etc.
• Tough competitors in the market like The New York Times and the Wall street Journal.
• Negative reviews can be a threat to the newspaper.
• Lawsuits can be filed against any misrepresentation of any form.
• Online advertising competitor like Google continues to be a threat for the newspaper
• As the recycling culture has become more significant, readers are now discouraged to subscribe for newsprint editions as they feel papers are killing trees.
One Response to “USA Today SWOT Analysis”
Receive Free SWOT Analysis of Companies and Corporation on your Email.....