Conoco Phillips SWOT Analysis
• It is the fifth largest private energy corporation in the world
• One of the top six vertically integrated oil companies in the world.
• Ranked 4th in Fortune 500 companies listing.
• ConocoPhillips is known by the Phillips 66 and Union 76 brands.
• It was founded in year 2002 as a result of two major Companies merger namely Conoco and Phillips.
• It has almost 33,800 employees in 40 countries.
• It is the second largest oil refiner in the US and 4th largest in the world.
• ConocoPhillips operates 19 refiners around the world
• ConocoPhillips has Expertise in exploration of energy resources.
• ConocoPhillips was the first Company to join U.S climate action partnership.
• Research and development in finding new sources of energy.
• ConocoPhillips stock prices are high.
• Increasing cost and complexity of new exploration and production projects.
• Identification of energy sources.
• High cost of operations
• Company profits are in negative.
• Enhance future growth and profitability.
• Exploration of more energy sources by efficient use of the assets.
• Asian countries have huge oil demands; company should explore these demanding markets.
• Energy supply and security.
• The oil prices, tax rates and energy legislation are out of ConocoPhillips control.
• Environmental groups are highly concerned on pollution factor.
• Economic slowdown in US.
Receive Free SWOT Analysis of Companies and Corporation on your Email.....