1-800 Flowers SWOT Analysis
The company name is well known for floristic retails along with its accessories based in United States. The company was initiated in 1976 and it’s headquarter is based in Carle place. New York. The company is mainly dealing in Flowers, Plants, Gift baskets, Collectibles and gourmet food.
• One of best sellers of fresh flowers and floral accessories.
• Claims to be first user of 24 x 7 telephone line, which was too free as well.
• Successful initiator of web selling of products world wide through its own website launched for selling products on line.
• The company is being marketed on NASDAQ stock exchange publicly.
• The company is provided with efficient facility of shipment.
• Bloom-net i-e, Florist to florist network is the specialty of 1-800 Flowers
• The company is not in its original form today, but the product range has become diverse with either merger with gift selling companies or by acquiring them.
• The company has 4000 employees associated with it in United States.
• Total assets of the company account of $208 million generating the revenue of $ 714 million.
• Promotional and marketing strategies are very fine and strong.
• The company has focused only on the diversity of products not of the demographic locations.
• There is a bulk of complaints recorded for not only delayed orders but of those that were never reached.
• The florist chain does not get paid properly and timely. They make the order reach as soon as possible and nothing in return sometimes.
• “Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia” is the major partners of 1-800 Flowers. The acquisitions of the company that are mostly returning the company include Fannie May Confections, Inc., Cheryl & Co., Wine Tasting Network, Ambrosia Wine, The Popcorn Factory, Bloomnet, Design Pac Gifts LLC, and Napco Marketing Corporation.
• A wide variety showcased by the allies increases the expenditures for home improvement.
• The company has been working for the induction into creation renowned stores for the ease of take away customers and to cope up with short notice orders.
• Introduction of the greeting telegram that sings the greeting and speaks for itself before peeping into it was extremely remarkable idea.
• There is no proper check and balance for the availability of fresh material especially in the case of shipped one poses a great threat to the brand name.
• The websites operating for orders have been involved in scam activities like that of fake discount offers and unannounced memberships that costs monthly charges.
• Orders responded only for online services and the toll free phone line number does not response, creating uncomfortably for the customers.
• Unchecked expenditures of the company and a gradual decline in U.S economy are equally challenging the company.
• Competition has increased with the introduction of more appealing schemes, offers and efficient management.
• The increasing fuel prices in the world also increase the company expenditures for the shipment of orders.
• Unavailability of the flowers and political relationships with exporting countries considerably affects the florists business.
• Official website. www.1800flowers. Com. Retrieved online on March 27, 2011.
• “Company Profile for 1-800-FLOWERS.COM Inc (FLWS)”. Retrieved online from http://www.zenobank.com/index.php?symbol=FLWS&page=quotesearch.
• The Associated Press (April 30, 2008). “1-800-Flowers buy Design Pac for $36 million in cash”. Press release.
2 Responses to “1-800 Flowers SWOT Analysis”
Receive Free SWOT Analysis of Companies and Corporation on your Email.....