Carrefour SWOT Analysis
• Carrefour is the largest hypermarket chain in terms of size.
• Second Highest revenues in the retail industry after Wal-mart.
• Ranked third in terms of profit in the industry after Tesco and Wal-mart.
• Joint ventures in different countries
• Large network of Discount, grocery and convenience stores, cash and carry, hypermarkets.
• Employee base of approximate 495,000 around the globe
• Pioneer in hypermarkets especially in France.
• Selling number of products with its own private brands.
• Strong brand in the world of retail industry.
• More than 50% sales of the company come from France.
• Operating in 31 countries.
• Reduce operating expenses.
• Weak position in Asia and Middle east countries
• Labor relations
• Taking too much time in opening new stores.
• Has not been able to attract Japanese customers
• Weak own brand sales
• Poor E-commerce performance.
• Joint ventures and acquisition for more expansion
• Discount stores development
• Improve sale performance
• Reduce operating cost
• Research and development required in marketing area to understand the dynamics of different segment.
• Maintain better labor relations.
• Fierce competition
• Wal-mart low prices is the biggest threat for Carrefour.
• Terrorism and instability in few countries of Asia and Africa.
• New player are entering into retail industry
• Facing Difficulties to understand the dynamics of Asian and Middle East countries.
• Slow expansion outside France may allow the competitors to snatch the market share.
Receive Free SWOT Analysis of Companies and Corporation on your Email.....