SWOT Analysis of Axis Bank
Axis Bank is an Indian private sector bank. It was founded in 1994 and headquarters are in Mumbai, Maharashtra. It is ranked as 3rd largest domestic bank in private sector and has been providing various financial services to its customers.
• The bank has a good image among urban population.
• It has been showing good growth in banking industry sector.
• It is offering various services and products ; Credit cards, consumer banking, corporate banking, finance and insurance, investment banking, mortgage loans, private banking, private equity, wealth management.
• Axis bank market share is increasing in rural areas.
• It is among the largest bank in India which is providing Agriculture loans.
• Axis bank is among the top three positions with respect of fastest growth in private sector banks
• It has around 2400 domestic branches and 8000+ ATMs.
• The bank has its presence in 971 cities and towns.
• It has seven International offices.
• It has been offering advance E-banking services to its customers.
• It has strong work forces of 42,000 + employees.
• Gender diversity; 19% of Axis Bank employees are women
• Axis bank provides opportunity to young talent; average age of an employee in Axis Bank is 29 years.
• Axis Bank has Foundation which has been supporting the supplementary education.
• Axis Bank has established partnership with NGOs for educating needy and special kids in 13 states.
• It has limited branches as compared to its direct competitors.
• Less number of International branches.
• Share prices are not stable.
• Market penetration in rural areas of India
• Market development in International markets
• Threats of new entrants
• Tough competition of foreign banks
• Fierce competition