Ufone SWOT Analysis
Ufone GSM is a Pakistani GSM cellular service provider. It is one of six GSM phone companies in Pakistan and is a subsidiary of Pakistan Telecommunication Company. The company began operating under the brand name of Ufone in Islamabad on January 29, 2001. fone expanded its coverage and has added new cities and highways in their network coverage. After the privatization of PTCL, Ufone is now owned by Etisalat. PTML is a wholly owned subsidiary of PTCL. Established to operate cellular telephony. The company began operations under the brand name of Ufone in Islamabad on January 29, 2001.
• Ufone has network coverage in over 750 cities, towns and all major roads in the country.
• Ufone provides International Roaming facility with over 150 international operators in 79 countries.
• It is proud to have an efficient customer service and friendly to 21 company-owned sales and customer service centers and nearly 250 franchisees throughout the country.
• It has always believed in a strong commitment to growth, security and reliability. Therefore, Ufone has always balanced its efforts to expand and service quality. With a current total investment of $ 400 million.
• Utunes was released on 4 Dec2007 which attracted many people to Ufone.
• Ufone is offering the Multimedia Messaging Service (MMS).
• As mobile users in the country have reached over 78 million at a rapid pace, Ufone has remained the second largest cellular operator in Pakistan with a subscriber base of around 16.5 million and a share market of almost 25%. Ufone has seen subscriber growth rate of over 200% last year, and since early 2005 Ufone added nearly 5 million subscribers on its network. A truly remarkable achievement, especially considering the fact that two players from the Americas also entered the market in 2005.
• While maintaining its tradition as the trendsetter in the industry, changed the image Ufone mobile phone a luxury available only to the elite, an economic need for the common man.
• Ufone increased its focus on the youth segment (of which 50% of the population), branded prepaid.
• Ufone has the ability to retain its existing customer base with a high level of customer satisfaction through optimal network service and installation of the 24-hour call center.
• It has been normally paid service is to lure people in business class. Most business and elite class people use post-paid and other services offered by Ufone.
• Ufone has a subscriber base of 18.97 million in October 2008.
• Ufone was the first cellular company in Pakistan, which introduced the GPRS service and therefore, took advantage.
• SMS Ufone has some exciting and energetic package that SMS was almost free. They are offering Rs. 25, Rs.50, 100 rupees, Rs. 150 packages of SMS subscribers are really loving.
• Ufone has some very exciting packages call low as 5 ka 15 “,” u “a” or circle “,” U fone Ghanta, “fone call u have some very exciting packages and low,” 5 ka 15 “,” u “a” or circle “,” Ufone Ghanta, “” U fone package life “and” pay in advance the public demand “, etc, which attracted many customers to him and many others company cell also change it.
• Ufone paid post is also offering black fruit set is useful and tempting for business class.
• Ufone currently caters for international roaming to more than 195 live operators across 119 countries and introduced International roaming facility for prepaid subscribers in Saudi Arabia, UK, UAE, Singapore, Portugal and Kuwait, with rates lower, with no security deposit and activation charges. GPRS roaming facility is available with over 75 live operators across 59 countries.
• Ufone has no proper lists of their customers. Is the list, but this list is not authentic, which is increasing the unauthorized use of your prepaid SIM especially. U fone must take serious steps to list their clients properly to ensure no misuse.
• It has many franchises around the country, but their customers are increasing day by day so that their franchises are not sufficient to meet the needs of IT customers.
• Ufone also face problems and your network is stuck on special occasions like Eid, Christmas, New Year, etc.
• Ufone is the problem of voice quality. Although its coverage is extensive and covers more than 750 towns and cities in Pakistan, but the voice quality is not as good as it should be.
• Ufone but has some unique and differentiated services, but has not produced many innovative services compared to other mobile carriers.
• Ufone was the first to introduce SMS packages, but packages are not sufficiently flexible and rates are only on a monthly basis, when it should be in both monthly and daily.
• Rates call on Ufone to Ufone network is very cheap, but other networks, their fees are expensive.
• Your coverage in southern Pakistan is very good, but in northern areas coverage is a bit poor.
• The web support of Ufone is not available they should try to introduce this feature in furture.
• The personal customer service training needs, because in many franchises of its employees have complained of rude.
• If Ufone company have to progress and grow in the market has to improve its advertising campaign. Your ads are not good and colorful.
• Be part of PTCL has to face many problems such as the strike of employees, etc.
• Ufone is plagued with internal problems when Etisalaat be privatized many of the PTCL employees were not happy with the pay scale offered.
• It should be introduced as SMS International SMS local packages. And Ufone is offering lower fares International SMS, but if they introduce a package like this will have lots and lots of success.
• You should enter some international calling packages to Middle East countries, because there are plenty of Pakistanis living in those countries for people definitely will be tempted to packages.
• “Ghanta Ufone” bundle package time two hours should be extended to people more and more to use this service, and causing U fone to generate more revenue.
• Ufone must develop some new franchises in remote areas so that people will benefit more and more of it and help you increase your customers.
• Like youth in Pakistan is nearly 50% of the population to Ufone can take advantage of this demographic and must introduce more services and packages to attract young people into it.
• Ufone should extend its network coverage to the north and partly because not many companies that are delivering the services and whether Ufone to his service there then that will definitely attract people and their number of clients shoots like a rocket.
• You should enter some packages for users of mobile Internet if not, many people will switch to other networks to it.
• If Ufone improve voice quality then it would certainly be most preferred customers.
• Ufone to import technological equipment of China, and they are giving the best technology at very low prices so no U fone only help you stay ahead technologically fone but also help to reduce the cost U.
• Ufone can surprise their competitors through the introduction of “kiosk” U fone. These are like ATM machines and will service 24 hours a day to subscribers U fone to charge the balance as well as withdraw money from ATMs.
• Increasing competition between mobile service provider in the country.
• Pakistan is facing serious economic problems today which would also affect U-fone The current downturn in the market is not good for any business and telecommunications.
• In Baluchistan and FATA, where Ufone already have network coverage is in jeopardy due to the critical situation and the operation to be held there. Investment Ufone is in danger.
• Ufone penetrated the market from 2005 to 2006 fairly quickly, but since then is growing a bit slower.
• Upon arrival of the China Mobile (Zong) in the cellular industry in Pakistan, Ufone and other companies now have to face strong competition. As Zong is the introduction of some packages of various attractions of both SMS and calls to attract customers. Ufone must develop strategies to counter their strategy and to survive in the market.
• The key threat to Ufone also some governmental policies adverse to the application of tax on the telecommunications industry will ultimately affect the revenue.
• There are some rumors about PTCL shares in the market. Being the subsidiary of PTCL, Ufone will also be affected by that.
• Telenor rumenration give more employees, compared with U fone for many of its skilled and competent employees are there. Affecting the profitability of the company in the long term.
• Some pressure groups are protesting the towers that are installed in residential areas. His view is that not good for the health of people with towers near their homes caused by radiation.
• Ufone to review the list of subscribers who are legal and authorized. For now the government has warned to take stringent measures if a company does not maintain such a record.